Monday, April 9, 2012

First Bikes and Long Hikes

My son received as a birthday present from his paternal grandmother his first bike.  It is a beautiful red Buzz Lightyear bike with all the bells, whistles, and training wheels.  He went tearing off with no fear...

It reminds me of how I used to approach the stage way back before child birth landed me full on my feet in the world of reality.

Long ago I saw an actress speak about her journey since having children and she said that she suddenly couldn't act anymore because it seemed so silly.  Whether this woman planted the seed in my mind or it is just the case for some female actors, it became the case with me.  At the time, I remember thinking that would never happen to me because I would prevent it by never having kids!  Ha!  That, as we all know, was bullshit.

But, the feeling that acting is absurd is starting to wear off and I'm beginning to have fun with it again.  I have a much more rounded approach.  I have so much more life experience to draw on. The scars of death and birth have made it so.

As Mitch's journey has just begun, mine is a steady hike of solid upward motion and we're all getting closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment