Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Dreams Coming True!

Okay, so, first of all, I have always imagined myself as an actor.  The idea of getting married and having children horrified me because I needed all that energy to promote my career, right?  Right.

Then, I met +Timothy Bauman.  There is no disputing that he is amazingly funny and any girl's dream.  So, I knew how lucky I was and grabbed him right up and we got busy ASAP and created Angelina and Mitchell together.  As they were coming into the world, I decided my career would need to be on hold for a bit of time to get them all raised up, healthy, happy, and well-adjusted.

But, much to my absolute and utter astonishment, snuggling those kids of mine is better than the applause of thousands of people AND I am still ACTING!  So, you really CAN have it ALL.

In +Jodie Bentley's recent Video Tip from +The Savvy Actor Inc. she takes on a great new spin for the new year.  This year, she says, make it the year of simplicity.  My mission:  write down every success of 2012 and celebrate them, figure out which successes I want to celebrate this time next year, and write down my top three to work on then throw it on my Task List.

Here we go:

2012 Successes

  1. Landed a role at my first audition of the year (had to reject).
  2. Taught my first Film class with Julien Film Fest and Mediacom
  3. Landed an interview to be Associate Producer at Mediacom (creating tv shows for a day job!)
  4. Opened The Stupid Economy at Gorilla Tango Theater in Chicago.
  5. Created Culture Cravers for MC22
  6. Landed commercial for Milwaukee Zoo (decided I don't do commercials)
  7. Landed many voice overs
  8. Landed an under 5 on BOSS
  9. Premiered The Stupid Economy at Mindframe 
  10. Landed a year long run at Trolley Depot Theater in Galena, IL (not a good venue for my show!)
  11. Landed an on-screen web cam series 
  12. Volunteer coordination of Film Festival 
  13. Local Coordinator for Film Festival Flix with +Jill Savarese and met new friend and wonderful comedic actor Michael Boatman and Phillip J Pamer.
  14. Hired Dan Balocca for Technical Direction
  15. Hired Holly Flood of IMPACT Fine Arts!
  16. Performed at Voices From the Warehouse where I've coveted a performance for many years!
  17. Performed at Bell Tower.
  18. Bought a house with Tim
  19. Learned to say no.
  20. And, a myriad of other successes that I will not bore myself...er...you with further.
2013 Desired Successes
  1. Book The Stupid Economy by +Robert Lynn 4-8 times per month.
  2. Start Improv classes at The Second City and see if I have any talent there.
  3. Expand my Voice Over Business.
Mitch and Lina Update
Let's keep this simple:  Lina:  "Mom, I really appreciate it when you give me choices of my own choice."
                                   Mitch:  "I want to snuggle-buggle."
Life is good.

Thanks for checking in!  Please, comment!  What were your successes?  How did you land your dream role?  What are you planning for the year ahead??

As always,
I am Fearlessly yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment